Diabetes is among the most prevalent diseases in the United States. Statistics from the American Diabetes Association show that around 254,570 people in Nevada have been diagnosed with diabetes. Furthermore, an estimated 21,422 people get diagnosed with diabetes every year.
As a chronic health condition, diabetes causes a lot of complications, including an increased risk for heart and kidney disease, stroke, amputation, and blindness. Long-term care plans are needed to minimize these risks and ensure a diabetes patient’s continued wellness. Fortunately, skilled nursing in Nevada provides just that.
UR FIRST Home Health is a provider of home health services in Las Vegas, Nevada that brings together a healthcare team led by registered nurses and licensed practical nurses trained in diabetes care. We work with your healthcare provider in designing a personalized long-term care plan that takes into account:
- Your lifestyle
- Diet preferences and restrictions
- Prescribed medication
- Blood glucose monitoring regimen, and;
From there, our healthcare team brings round-the-clock care right into your home. Our diabetes care services include:
- Preparing healthy meals to control fat and carbohydrate intake
- Assisting you with daily living activities
- Forming strategies to help you maintain energy levels and reduce discomfort caused by your condition
- Checking regularly for wound and ulcer formation
- Keeping track of your blood glucose regularly
- Helping you with prescribed physical activity routines, such as exercise
- Administering insulin and adjacent medication
By working with our home health agency in Nevada, we help reduce your risk of complications, prevent constant readmission, and elevate your quality of life in your senior years!
Talk to us today to learn more about your care options.