For many seniors who need assistance in navigating the challenges of elderly age, they prefer to receive such assistance in their own home. It is here that they feel more confident, familiar, and at peace. Because they are just in their very own homes, they feel more able to stay independent, which helps improve their mental health.
When it comes to in-home care extended to our aging loved ones, there are only two choices, and these are home care services and home health services in Las Vegas, Nevada. How do you distinguish between the two? Which type of service does your loved one truly need?
Let us help you identify the key differences of these two services so you can make an informed decision when you select the care providers for your loved one.
Home health services are forms of assistance and care extended to clients who have medical needs. These services are provided by skilled nurses, physical or occupational therapists, and other healthcare practitioners all in the comfort of the client’s home.
The common services administered with home health care include wound care, medication monitoring and administration, medical test administration, injection of medications, skilled nursing care, and therapy services including physical, occupational, and speech therapy.
The home health agency in Nevada is typically contacted under the following circumstances:
- The patient has just been discharged from the hospital and will need constant health monitoring as he/she recovers at home to ensure full recovery.
- The patient has chronic illness that needs monitoring and daily care, such as diabetes wound complications or stroke recovery.
- The patient acquired mobility difficulty due to aging and will be dependent on someone to help him/her move about and take their medicines.
- The patient is prescribed with a new medication and a healthcare representative needs to monitor the side effects and potency of the medicine.
Home care services are forms of care and assistance provided by caregivers who are skilled and certified. These services are not medical in nature but are mostly practical and relevant to their daily needs, such as preparing their meals, taking a bath, assistance in buying grocery, and other activities of daily living.
Home care services become necessary for your loved one when they are under the following circumstances:
- The patient needs diligent assistance in carrying out his/her regular activities, such as eating, taking a bath or dressing.
- The patient is no longer fit to drive but will still need to go around for important errands and doctor’s appointments.
- The patient is living alone at home and has a higher risk of social isolation and safety constraints.
So what is the present need of your loved one? Do they need the home health or home care service? If you need skilled nursing in Nevada, we will be glad to help you out. Just set an appointment with us today at UR FIRST Home Health.